Join our farm! Sign up for a 2013 CSA membership.
Our Spring deliveries have already started, but you can still sign up! Contact us to inquire about pro-rated pricing.
Sign up securely with PayPal:
To pay by check: Download this PDF 2013 CSA sign up form
About South Bend: Several people have asked if we could add a pick up location in South Bend. The answer is Yes! This can work if at least 12 people sign up. Those customers would then take turns picking up CSA boxes from our farm (about an hour away) and delivering them to a South Bend pick up location. Usually this means one or two trips per season. We will refund your payment if enough people do not sign up.
- Boxes contain 6-8 fresh, seasonal vegetable items AND a selection of local fresh fruit when available. Enough for 2-3 local food meals per week.
- Full Shares (weekly pick up) recommended for 3-5 people
- Half Shares (every other week pick up) recommended for 1-2 people
- Most food harvested within 24 hours of delivery. Images of our food, click here.
- All shares include a blog newsletter with recipes and storage tips. We help you use your food! Browse past newsletters here.
- CSA from our award-winning farm features high quality specialty items like fresh ginger, microgreens, and heirloom varieties
- Example of a typical CSA box:
Salad mix A blend of fresh-cut baby lettuces, washed and ready to use. We specialize in fresh-cut greens.
Tomatoes This year we are offering a variety of heirloom tomatoes, in addition to our meaty red and yellow tomatoes.
Peaches, blueberries, apples In-season, high-quality fruit direct from orchards in the area.
Winter squash Butternut, acorn and other squashes for your Fall feasts.
Japanese turnips A favorite of past CSA customers, these are sweet salad turnips that you can eat fresh like radishes. Great snack.
Carrots As the nights get colder, the carrots get sweeter.
Colored peppers Red and yellow sweet pepper that add color to any meal.
Not sure you can use it all? Share with a friend!
How does pick up work?
We pack the CSA boxes on Friday afternoon. Some customers pick up at the farm. We also deliver boxes to our Goshen pick up house, 923 S. 7th St. From there, customers in Elkhart, Warsaw and South Bend help us out by taking turns picking up boxes for the customers in those areas. If you prefer pick up in one of those areas, you might be asked to help once or twice per season. If you can’t do it, no worries, it’s not required for membership!
CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture. There are many benefits…
- receive fresh, quality vegetables AND local fruits direct from farmers, so there is no middle person
- form a connection to a local farmer and enter the story of the farm
- support local and sustainable agriculture
- choose a healthy lifestyle (getting a box of fresh fruit and vegetables every week disciplines you to eat well!)
What if I am away on vacation?
If you will be gone for a two weeks or more during one of the CSA seasons, talk to us about a pro-rated CSA share. If consistent pick-up will be difficult for your schedule, consider signing up with a friend.
Is your food organic?
We are committed to both the philosophy and practice of organic farming and use organic growing methods on our farm. We are not certified organic because of the increasing certification costs for small farms such as ours.
We grow most of what you’ll receive and we partner with other growers we trust for items that take up more room than we have (winter squash, for example) and fruit. Food supplied from other farms is organic as much as possible. Much of the fruit is not organic, though we partner with orchards that use minimum-spray approaches.
You can also purchase smaller quantities from us at our booth at the Goshen Farmers Market.
Thank you for your support!