Spring sale - 25% off through March 31
No code needed; discount applied at checkout
Lean Market Growing Masterclass
Starting a farm? Start here.
3 Monthly Payments - On Sale
Automatic monthly payments; lifetime access to the Masterclass.
25% off during the spring saleBUY NOW
One-time Payment - On Sale
Regularly priced at $1600
Save money with one easy payment. Lifetime Masterclass access.
25% off now through March 31BUY NOW
25% off through March 31
Annual spring sale! This is our largest discount offered - get ready for the growing season
with 25% off the Lean Market Growing Masterclass.
No code needed; discount applied at checkout
- NEW in 2022-'23: Over a dozen new lessons, including a greenhouse construction series, updated information on tomato trellising techniques, packaging options for wholesale accounts, and more.
- More than 150 video lessons (40+ hours of instruction) showing how to earn a comfortable living on on a tiny scale
- Specifics on everything: site selection, no-till soil building, compost-making, weed-free farming, harvesting, and lean selling strategies
- Direct access to Ben: he answers all questions posed through the course platform on a weekly basis
- Invitation to exclusive live online training and Q&A events with Ben for Masterclass students
- Lean methods for growing tomatoes, salad greens, kale, peppers, ginger, carrots, and a whole lot more
- Downloadable content like chef contact sheets, production cheat sheets, and wholesale price lists
- Condensed quick-review summary slides of the course content for convenient learning
- Cutting-edge information: Clay Bottom Farm is one of the most respected small farms in the nation and the course is updated every season
- This is the only online course in market gardening specifically focus on tiny-scale market gardening on less than 1/3 acre
- Ad-free: no distractions or promotions, just the lean growing information you want
- Lifetime access: you get access to all of the lessons for as long as the course is online
- Need a scholarship? We offer discounts for non-profits, students who live outside of the US, and those who truly can't afford the cost. We want to make the Lean Farm Masterclass available to anyone with a passion for tiny-scale market gardening. Use our contact form to inquire.
A small farm can be sustainable and highly productive
This course focuses on ways to maintain quality of life, to farm with your values while working reasonable hours to earn a living.
Farming for everyone
Small farms, local (direct to consumer) farms, and organic farms are on the rise. So are urban farms, specialty crop farms, and women-owned farms. Across the world one in three people are now engaged in agriculture to earn part of all of their living--and most farms globally are less than 3 acres in size. When you set up a smart, small, and locally-focused farm, you join a giant movement. (Pictured: Clay Bottom Farm crew and friends, 2014.)
What's in the course
Take a dive into the course. Here's a preview.
What You'll Learn in the Masterclass
Click below for a list of all the topics covered in Masterclass lessons
McLeansville, North Carolina
Ben's lean farming course has been of tremendous value and influence on my farm and my life. On the surface, "lean" may sound boring and unromantic, detracting from the heart of farming, but it does just the opposite. It makes farming manageable and fun, allowing me to do the bulk of my farming in just 3 days a week so I can spend the rest of my time being a good husband and father, vacationing, and enjoying other pursuits for a well-rounded lifestyle!
Sweet Pete's Market Garden
Ben's Masterclass is my one stop shop for definitive knowledge on all aspects of modern market gardening. It is extremely clear and I heartily recommend it to all my fellow growers.
Jim and Katie H.
Wild Canary Farm
We raise pastured livestock, we grow cut flowers, not veg, and the lean philosophy I’ve studied in Ben’s books and through the Masterclass has universal value. We manage our business with an eye to lean thinking. The approach to systems and people resonates throughout our farm. It’s been a very fulfilling journey and gives our farm the ability, with only 3 employees, to punch well above our weight class.
Join Masterclass students from all over the world
Is there a time limit on the course?
Do I have to pay through PayPal?
What type of farms is the course geared toward?
Do I have to own a tractor?
Is the course for explorers, beginners, or experienced growers?
Is the course content ever updated?
How can I view the course?
Can course videos be downloaded?
Do you ever offer discounts or sales?
Sign up to stay in touch
Sign up for Ben's mailing list to receive special offers and lean growing tips.